10 Reasons You Need to Visit Dublin
Dublin is an old city, with a rich history, and is becoming a popular destination for people who want to explore somewhere different, and experience legendary hospitality and much more, in a weekend, or over a longer period of time. Whether you've never thought of Dublin as your ideal destination, or can't wait to go back again, here's what you can do after you plane lands at Dublin Airport.
1. One of the best ways to make the most of your time in Dublin is to take an organised tour of the city. This will mean that you see everything that you want to, without having to arrange everything yourself. You might want to see the city by bus, or if you're feeling more adventurous you might prefer a walking tour.
2. There are plenty of Dublin hotels to choose from, and depending on the purpose of your visit, where you want to be, and how long you're staying you might want to stay in a functional city centre hotel, basic hotel, or a luxurious countryside hotel just out of the city centre.
3. Like many historic cities, Dublin needs to serve the needs of the inhabitants as well as those visiting here. So, unsurprisingly, there are excellent shopping facilities in and around Dublin, and whether you want the latest must have designer styles, or souvenirs from your trip, you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for.
4. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from in Dublin, and once you've left the airport, and arrived at your hotel, you'll probably want to find somewhere to eat. Whether you choose somewhere traditional, or a more modern restaurant, you're sure to receive the warm welcome that Dublin is famous for. As you get to know the city, you'll want to explore more
5. As well as the hospitality and the food, you'll also want to make sure that you don't miss any of the landmarks and sights while you're here. Don't forget to visit the Guinness Storehouse, the Christ Church Cathedral, the Dublin City Art Gallery and the Hugh Lane Gallery of Modern Art.
6. No matter what you like doing, or your reasons for flying to Dublin, you'll be able to find plenty to entertain you. You might come for the excellent nightlife that really has to be experienced to be believed, the music venues, or the traditional pubs and inns that are so welcoming.
7. Dublin makes an excellent base for exploring Ireland, and so you might want to hire a car in Dublin, and explore more of the country, and visit more places to make the most of your time here. There's so much to see and do, that you'll probably need much more than just a weekend here.
8. Dublin is only a short flight from the UK, meaning that you can spend more of your holiday in Dublin, and less time on the plane or at the airport.
9. Flights to Dublin leave from most UK airports several times a day, so you've got no excuse for not visiting the Emerald Isle, having a great time, and seeing for yourself why so many people love coming back to Dublin and Ireland so much.
10. Dublin is a good place to visit all year round, and there's always plenty going on. No matter whether you're coming here for a romantic, weekend break, a stag or hen weekend, or for a family summer holiday, you'll have a fantastic time and you'll want to come back.
Now you know more about Dublin, and why it's such has popular destination, if you're looking for a weekend break or a holiday destination, why don't you consider Dublin?